Sunday, June 19, 2005

Batman Begins = Big Time

So, one of the few movies I've been looking forward to opened this weekend. I figured I'd take the role of critic and spout my take on this movie. One thing before I jump into this review though. It takes alot for me to hate a movie. I go into theaters expecting to be entertained not see a fucking masterpiece. I can only think of a couple movies that I would have walked out of if I hadn't thrown down 8 bucks. Hulk, Insomnia and Pearl Harbor. Insomnia is the only movie I've ever fallen asleep in, ironic huh?

Instead of telling you the plot and other shit I'm just going to toss out some pluses and minuses because after I started writing this my hangover started to kick back in.

Pluses:

+ Michael Caine as Alfred. He fucking ruled.
+ Darker atmosphere, character and setting.
+ Batman actually using fear as a weapon.
+ The ninja test at the end of his training. Ninjas own. The Real Ultimate Power!
+ The Batmobile.

Minuses

- No super villian. Yeah I know they had the Scarecrow but he had a very small role.
- Choppy ass fight scenes. I fucking hate that editing technique. Almost ruined The Bourne Supremecy for me.
- Katie Holmes dressed. What the fuck I want to see her rubbing her coot and yelling my name.

I give this 4 out of 5 on the Boner Meter.

(Offical Boner Meter picture coming soon!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home